Friday, September 9, 2011

Blog2

Potential topics that I am considering writing for my narrative are about my 1st time reading J.R.R Tolkien's novels. He basically allowed me to expand my imagination. He has some of the best fantasy novels and allowed me to have a sense of how creative writing is done. Some potential problems I can see is allowing my writing to stay in the border of Tolkien's mind. I may want to mimic his writing, but that's not what I want to do. I rather want to allow my writing become as creative as his. Also, I beleive his writing was the one that introduced me to wanting to pick up other novels/

Another topic that I might consider is how my senior lit teacher in high school didn't allow his class to be an easy A. He made us do many research papers as well as push us into thinking ahead (college & careers) in our lives. He really pushed me my senior year and helped me when I needed help. I think a huge con to this topic is that it's too vague. I feel many kids feel this way about a certain teacher, so it makes this topic less interesting to write about.

Last topic I'm considering is how a journal is/can be beneficial to becoming a more vivd writer. I noticed that the instructors that made me keep a journal made me express my thoughts when no one else listens. I can sit down and write how I feel without having to worry about my structure or grammar. I think a journal let's you be a more freelance writer. Possible negatives include how sometimes I wrote just because it was required and not because I wanted to. Other than that, I really look forward to writing on one of these 3 topics.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment